Asante’s mission and founding principles come in part from James 1:27, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress.” Asante accomplishes this mission by nurturing physical health, providing educational empowerment and sharing the hope that is found in Christ.
Our vision is to help create environments where children and those most in need are given hope for a better future and the tools to make that future a reality.
Asante’s values are based on human dignity created when people are empowered by a living faith, granted physical well being and given the educational tools to thrive in life. We value love expressed in “action and truth.” (1 Jn 3:18)
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class difference.